Sunday, March 1, 2015

Flow Conference


     I went to the Richmond Film Festival FLOW Conference yesterday. I did my networking and met a lot of people. Not knowing what to expect I took a backpack full of copies of my book Another Chance. On hand was 24 time Emmy Award winning Director Jesse Vaughan (Juwanna Man, The Last Punch, In Living Color, etc.), David Baldacci - International Best Selling Author and Producer, Jeffrey Blount - Author and Director of NBC Nightly News, Kym Grinnage - Vice President and General Manager at WWBT/News 12, Johnny Newman - Former NBA player, Jeanne Meserve - Former Anchor for CNN and ABC News, and a host of other panelists. I was so pleased that I was able to get a copy of my book into the hands of  a lot of these people. I also met a very delightful young lady, Kyle Grinnage, who really stayed on me to make sure that I was doing all I needed to do to make people aware of my book. Social media had never been my forte, however Kyle made me understand the necessity of learning how to navigate through social media and making it my "friend".
Sometimes people are put in your life for a reason and I guess I needed her to set me straight.

     So,  I will continue on my journey. Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment