Friday, May 22, 2015

THE BROTHERS JOHNSON - RIDE O ROCKET 1978






I am a little sad today. I just found out that Louis Johnson, of the R&B funk group, The Brothers Johnson has passed away.  If you are not familiar with the Brothers Johnson they had the hit song Strawberry 23, among others. My personal favorites songs by this group were Stomp and Ride 'O Rocket.

My late, older brother, Teddy had introduced this group to me back in 1978. I didn't reveal to him, until years later, that when he would leave the house I would go into his room and blast the music on his component set. 

When I heard that Louis Johnson had died it immediately took me back to those times in Teddy's room. I was sad that I couldn't call him and discuss this news. I did, however,  have the memory of staring at his bedroom door hoping he wouldn't come in and yell at me! Then I had to laugh.








No comments:

Post a Comment