Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Music For Novels

 When I listen to a song I usually get the inspiration for my next romance novel, this has happened more times than I can count. Case-in-point, I listened to Someone to Love, by Ruff Endz, everyday when I was writing the sequel to my first novel Another Chance. I listened to a few different love songs when I was writing Once, 2wice, and I started listening to Just Don't Want to be Lonely, by the Main Ingredient and got, not only the title, but the idea for novel.
I am a romantic at heart and I have love songs from each decade starting in the early 60's from different music genres. I can listen to most of them, such as: Classic R&B, Classic Country, Classic Rock, (60s, 70s, and 80s). The music from the later decades really had to grab my heart strings. I am very finicky about my music and a song has to give me "chills" in order to make my playlist.
I am currently listening to a few love songs and there is no telling where they will fit in my current list of novels I am writing.  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment